Elena Shalaev provides integrated care (counselling and movement therapy) to people of all ages.
She is a professional counsellor, who received her MA Degree in Counselling from Yorkville University. Her counselling style is client-centered multimodal approach. Elena’s sessions offer a welcoming, safe, and caring environment for health and healing.
Elena also has BSc in Biology and has spent many years working in the field of cancer research. She wrote a few papers about anti-cancer diet and foods. She has a profound interest and knowledge of human nature and the field of human physiology. She believes in the body’s intelligence and natural resources.
Elena is a registered movement therapist and educator with the International Somatics Movement Education and Therapy Association (ISMETA). She trusts the curative power of movement. Breathing exercise, yoga, meditation, narration, and dance are essential components of her sessions.
Elena has more than 15 years experience offering help to people with psychological difficulties, pain, and movement distortions. Her clients are cancer patients, seniors with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and MS patients, and busy professionals experiencing issues with stress, eating disorders, obesity, anxiety, or depression. Elena offers both: individual and group sessions. Elena organised hundreds of workshops and individual sessions for people with pain and illness.
Elena’s innovative spirit allows people living with life-threatening illness or stress to rediscover their balance and their own way of healing and understanding their health issues beyond medical procedures and settings.
- BSc in Physiology
- MA Counselling in Psychology, Professional Counsellor.
- Graduate of Eastwest Somatic Institute, Utah,US.
- Registered Movement Therapist and Educator, Member of ISMETA (International Somatic Movement Education and Therapy Association).
- More than 15 years of counselling and movement therapy experience with cancer patients, Alzheimer’s patients, children, and youth, in individual and group contexts.
- BSc in Biology; 10 years experience in cancer biology, teaching and research.
- Certificate in ASSIST (Suicide Prevention).
- ON Certificate in CPR (First Aid).
English-speaking and Russian-speaking clients are welcome.